There is something I must tell you; I didn’t have a blog post for today. I just didn’t. That doesn’t mean I didn’t have anything to post about, I have a whole laundry list of posts waiting in the wings. It’s just I worked from 6am to 4:30 and had to make my weekly shopping trip to the store; which is never shorter than 90 minutes.
I didn’t have photos ready, I didn’t bake or cook anything, I had no hairyed catastrophies and honestly my brain was just on “tilt” for coming up with something on the fly.
Enter one of my favorite new friends and bloggers, Sasha from “The Procrastobaker“.
She lives all the way on the other side of the pond in gorgeous Wales. Isn’t she just lovely?
Today Sasha nominated me and my wee little new blog for the “One Lovely Blog Award”. She was nominated by by Lynne who runs a beautiful blog Cook and be Merry, who in turn was nominated by Caroline of “Engineer and an Oven“, who was nominated by Happy Home Baking. The trail ran cold there. Sounds like a lineage record or something huh?
What can I say, I’m honored. So now it’s my turn and I’m so excited!. Here’s the way it works
There are four stipulations to be upheld in order to give and receive the award:
1. Post linking back to the person that gave you the award
2. Share 7 random things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered blogs
4. Drop them a note and tell them about it.
So, I would like to dedicate this award to the following blogs: ( in no particular order )
- Taste & Tell by Deborah – because I’m insanely jealous of her gorgeous photography & creativity.
- Oui, Chef by Steve – because he went to France, he went to Le Cordon Bleu, he is living my dream, oh and he’s an amazing chef!
- The Cake Journal by Louise – because I don’t know what’s more amazingly cute, her cakes or her blog.
- Sweetopolita by Rosie – because what this woman does with cakes defies imagination and beauty.
- My Baking Addiction by Jamie – because her addiction is contagious and I don’t want therapy for it.
- Deam of Cakes by Eftychia – because she loves sharing her tricks & techniques for making beautiful things, & she’s just sweet!
- Yummy Tummy by Aarthi – because she loves her blog as much as I enjoy visiting it. She makes amazingly unique things.
- Eat Cake For Dinner by Jenn – because she has such a cute blog and makes deliciously delicious treats.
- Snacking Squirrel by Kelsey – because she’s so talented with her kitchen & her camera.
- Taylor Takes a Taste by Taylor – because he is an incredible cook and photographer and happy to share his knowledge of both abundantly.
- How Sweet Eats by Jessica – because she makes me laugh every day and has a genius mind in the kitchen, plus she’s just Fab!
- Bake At 350 by Bridget – because she makes cookies, lots of cookies, gorgeous cookies, big cookies, happy cookies – I love cookies.
- Bakingdom by Darla – because she truly is the Queen of her kitchen and her world, plus she was the first foodie blog I ever followed.
- One Tough Cookie by Gail – because I just recently found her and all I can say is WOW!
- The Kay-kery by Kay – because she’s like me, she has a new blog to share her passion and amazing talents.
It was so hard to choose my fifteen but I just love these blogs. They are so willing to share their passion, their talents and their tricks of the trade. All are simply amazing!
Now for seven random facts about me:
1. I was in the United States NAVY in my early twenties and was a fireman and worked in engineering. I got really really dirty.
2. I do love all things French and can speak it a little bit. Oddly I’ve been able to speak it with a perfect accent since I was young. It came completely natural to me and I often surprise the native French students and workers at EPCOT because they think I’m from France or at least Canada. That’s when they start speaking native French to me a million miles a second and I have to stop them and say “Je suis desole, je suis’americaine. Je parle seulement un peu Francais” (I’m sorry, I’m American, I only speak a little French). I think it was my mastery of the accent why my ninth grade French teacher passed me, because I completely tanked the class.
3. I’m 41 years old and still practice my handwriting. I don’t know why, it’s just something I do at random. I have an odd thing for office supplies and a fresh clean notebook draws me in like a moth to a flame.
4. I love history especially American and European history and was elated to discover that Mr. Sweet Butter loved American history as well. We were married in a private garden in Colonial Williamsburg Virginia, right across the street from the House of Congress where the Declaration of Independence was signed.
5. I absolutely detest exercise just for the sake of exercise. Ride a bike, climb a mountain, scrub my house from head to toe, weed a thousand acres – no problem. To stand and do sit ups, pushups, jumping jacks, get on a stepper or go running just for the sake of exercise – well we don’t get along. I need to learn to embrace them and love them because at 41 I can’t afford to be idle.
6. Growing up I wanted to be a film director. I never wanted to be the starlett on the silver screen, but behind the camera bringing the visions to life. To this day I can hear a song and a whole film scene or music video just forms in my head like a film reel coming to life. It was either a director or The Queen of England. -I’m ok with where I’m at.
7. There is an entire novel living in my head that I have been wanting to write for nearly 20 years. Sadly every time I sit down at a computer of lift up a pen to write it’s like a little vicious elf in my brain puts a lock on the cottage that book lives in and I find it impossible to get it on paper. I fear it’s forever stuck under the locked protection of the brain elf.
Tomorrow I’ll bake, tomorrow by baby comes home from Wisconsin; tomorrow,, IS MY 15 WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!! LOVE YOU MR. SWEET BUTTER!!!!! – tomorrow I will have my blog posts all prepared. Tonight I’m sharing some of my favorite blogs and some crazy things about me with you.
Check them out I think you’ll love them too.