Here are 13 random thoughts for Thursday.
1. I don’t balance my checkbook. I tried once. It was boring. I quit.
2 .Not so secretly, I’m have a total Sci-Fi crush for the late 90’s series “Farscape”. It was witty, gritty, had swearing muppets, was wickedly good fun and I so want Claudia Black’s hair.
3. I have never been able to do a cartwheel. At my age I won’t even try. It would not be pretty or turn out well. (no pun intended). I was in junior high before I mastered the summersalt.
4. I tried out for the Pep Squad once and cheer leading once. I did not make it past the first audition on either attempt. I was told I met the qualifications for taking directions well ( Mr.Sweet Butter may have just choked on his coffee ), I met physical requirements (whatever those were) and I had good vocal range. I lacked two major requirements; I couldn’t dance and for the other reason, refer to item three listed above. Apparently being somewhat adept in gymnastics was necessary. So I did what any gymnasticaly challenged girl with good vocal range who can take direction would do. I joined drama.
5. “Train” has to be one of my all time favorite bands. They’re like wine and Sean Connery, they seem to get better with age. I’m loving their newer albums although “Drops of Jupiter” is near and dear to my heart. Right now I’m completely obsessed with this song from their new album “California 37″. I would stick it in my ears all day but ignoring my son and husband could border on child neglect and emotional abandonment. “She got run over by a crappy purple Scion.” has to be the best lyric EVER.
I think my in-law Dad drives one of these.
6. My boys are growing up and turning into men, (I’m told all are supposed to eventually) and I realized their Butter Dish pseudonyms didn’t quite fit them any longer. So earlier this week WizKid turned into Prince Charming (son of a Disney freak – make that two; can seriously charm the pants off anyone he so chooses), FlyBoy became Captain America (AirForce, All American boy, hero) and Home Run Kid became King Triton (NAVY, definitely king of his own destiny, hero). Ghost Rider is and always has been Ghost rider. My Heroes.
7. Mopping has to be my absolute least favorite chore. I abhor it. However I did promised myself I would mop my floors this past weekend. I lied. Perhaps I should get into politics.
8. “InstaPicFram Pro” is my new favorite go-to app for Instagram photos. All those creative, pithy things you’ve ever wanted to do with your pictures, yeah that’s right, it’ll do them. UH-mazing!!
9. I have a business trip coming up. Have to fly to Houston for three days where I will speak and meet several of our clients. This is all great and grand. It’ll do me good to get out of my house (I’m not sure when I developed agoraphobic tendencies). If I was superstitious I supposed I could get myself all worked up knowing I’m flying on September 11th which just happens to fall on Tuesday this year. But I’m not and I’m not. The fact is, I’m am completely and utterly fashionably challenged and totally freaking out what to wear. It sounds so superficial but I’m serious here people. I wear the same few outfits every day and shopping turns me into a blathering idiot. I feel like I should have Stacy Landon or Clinton Kelly of “What Not To Wear” on speed dial. No helping it, I have to pick up my courage and go shopping this week. Fashion advice welcome.
10. Heard of Pinterest? Of course you have, you wouldn’t be human or on Earth if you haven’t. Yes I’m Pinterest addict 2,346,771,970 and these are Pins I completely ♡ this week.
11. Tomorrow is finally Friday and I am really looking forward to the weekend. Does the weekend consist of both Saturday and Sunday? If so, then why does the weekly calendar start with Sunday? If Sunday starts the new week, then when we tell someone “Have a good weekend.” Are we really hoping they have a good Saturday, but not a good Sunday? Should we say “Have a good weekend and week start?” Why is weekend a conjunction and week start two words? Who makes these things up?
12. I have no idea what I’m making for dinner….for the rest of the week.
13. This is how Charming spend his lunch hour today. The life of a virtual public school student.
Charmed life indeed.